Tuesday 2 October 2007

What the hell happened to feminism?

I won't lie, one of the first things I told my friends back home (the states) about the UK, when I moved here was that the men were sexist. Not the charming, open the door and try to earn more than you (is that charming? I don't know, let's say it is) way. No, they are just dicks to women. On the other hand, women in the UK have a some explaining to do. I mean, have a look at facebook, you can tell if a woman is British or not just from the picture. Does she have her baps out? Is she totally pissed? Is she wearing very small clothes in what we all know it is a damned cold climate? Then she's a Brit.
I don't want to come off all, America is better - it isn't, just different - but I do feel like it is time for women of this country to knock it the fuck off. We need to get in there and stop trying to out drink the men but out think the men.
Look at Brown's cabinet. Where are the women? Seriously, where are they? Why do the Conservatives manage to out-female Labour? I would rather meet Margaret Thatcher or discuss shoes and climate change with Theresa May than that drip of a hausfrau cum politico, Ruth Kelly. Embarrassing.
The oddest thing is that for all the tits on show and female binge drinking, fertility is declining. Why is this? Maybe the only way women feel they can really assert their feminism is by denying men the chance to procreate. Or is it that they have given into the stereotypical male fantasy of sex and no commitment, no chance of marriage and certainly no chance of a child.
Women of Britain, pull your fucking heads out!

No comments:

About Me

I am an expat living the UK. I moved here in 2000 and really do love it but I also love to moan (how very British of me) about everything, including life on the island. I am supposed to be able to speak Spanish but I can only order things from menus and insult people after years of not practising anything else.