Wednesday 3 October 2007

Don't hate Americans

I am at a point in my life where I am not ashamed of being born in America. I don't feel bad about it or apologetic for the fact. In fact, I am a bit tired of people who are still flogging the dead horse that is our current administration. Yes, George Bush is a dick. No, that doesn't make all Americans dicks, in fact, we didn't even vote for the guy. Twice, check it out people, look it up. If this happened in a poor African country the Independent would have dedicated a front sheet to the great miscarriage of justice, the need to bring democracy to this dark and dangerous land. But that didn't happen, instead of feeling sorry for all the Joe Averages who have to work just that harded to buy a Pabst Blue Ribbon and be extra careful when they are mowing the lawn, lest they chop off a hand and get stuck with a $1m hospital bill, people use the fact that W the dick took our White House in a consumption fueled coupe to make fun of us. Lame. Leave it alone.

No comments:

About Me

I am an expat living the UK. I moved here in 2000 and really do love it but I also love to moan (how very British of me) about everything, including life on the island. I am supposed to be able to speak Spanish but I can only order things from menus and insult people after years of not practising anything else.